This guide will help you understand which actions are required from your side in order to activate the event stream from AppsFlyer to Remerge. Please don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager should you have any questions.
- Select Remerge as a Integration Partner Media Source
- Log in to your AppsFlyer account.
- Select the app you want to activate the data stream and run a campaign for on the top left side.
- Make sure you switched on “Re-Targeting Campaign Measurement” in the App Settings page.
- Click on “Integration Partner” under the “Configuration” section.
- Type in “Remerge” and click on our logo.
- Configure “Integration Parameters”
- Enter a campaign if you like.
- If you do have a deeplink scheme in place enter it in the Deeplink URL text field.
- Tick the “Re-targeting campaign” checkbox to add the parameter “is_retargeting=true” and the “af_dp” parameter to the Tracking Link
- Select the “Click Attribution Lookback Window”, that you have discussed with your Remerge Account Manager
- Check the “Enable” box to send all launch events to Remerge
- The URL in the box “Tracking Link” needs to be sent to your Remerge Account Manager
For iOS your tracking URL should be a OneLink Tracking URL. Make sure you have the &af_dp= and &is_retargeting=true params included.
- When setting up the OneLink for iOS, make sure the media source is remerge_int (To be entered in the marked textfield)
Enabling OneLink for iOS in Appsflyer also means enabling Universal Links in Apple. Please view our separate guide for it here.
Enabling Universal Links and OneLink is essential to be able to deep link users with > iOS 9.2 operating systems. The OneLink should still have the &af_dp= parameter attached with the custom iOS landing page url (custom scheme url) you implemented.
Please note: OneLink is the only way to target all iOS users. Unfortunately, the OneLink only takes care of attributions, but will not notify Appsflyer of the click – unless the user did not have app on his phone anymore.
What does it mean?
If the user has the app installed clicking on the OneLink will result in opening the app and attributing the app open to remerge, but Appsflyer will not get a click notification from such action as user hopped smoothly from one app to another app without any url hitting Appsflyer’s servers inbetween. The attribution logic still work because the source information is collected by the Appsflyer SDK.
However if the user doesn’t have the app installed anymore and goes to the app store, Appsflyer will be notified about the click.
- Configure “In App Events”
- Select the “In App Events” tab.
- From the “Send In-App events to Remerge” drop-down menu, select “All in-app events (To enable: Re-targeting, optimization, PPE).”
- Select either “Map all SDK events” or a specific event you want to forward to Remerge
NOTE: If you select “Map all SDK events” the “af_app_opened” event will not be sent.
- If there are additional information attached to an event (e.g. Revenue for Purchase events) you want to forward to remerge, check the “Send Value” box.
- Click “Save & Close” to save your postback
- Verification & Support
For Remerge to check out data on the Appsflyer dashboard directly, you can enable permissions for Remerge:
Slide to the right to switch on.
Please email your Account Manager to confirm that we are receiving your events as expected.