Since the release of iOS 9.2, Apple changed the way deep links are handled in iOS. For supporting “universal links” you’ll need to carry out a few additional steps on the Adjust Dashboard as well as in your app itself to provide the best user experience.
You can find some additional information on universal linking provided by
Important Information About Universal Linking
- Log in to your Adjust account at http://next.adjust.com
- Select “Apps” from the left navigation tab
- Select the app of the campaign that you’ll be running with Remerge
- Click on “Platform Settings”
- Click on “Universal Linking”
- Enter both the iOS Bundle ID and iOS Team ID (both are provided by Apple)
- A universal link will be created which then needs to be implemented in your app
- You can find a detailed guide of the process for doing this in Adjust’s documentation.
It is absolutely required that Universal Link is enabled in the Adjust Dashboard.
Running Campaigns Through Universal Links
Once Universal Links are integrated into your app and activated in your dashboard, you can run the Universal Link in two ways:
- standard tracker url with deep_link paramater appended (https://app.adjust.com/f0ob4r?deep_link=myapp://)
- direct Universal Links (https://abcd.adj.st/?adjust_t=f0ob4r)
The direct Universal Link forwards users from one app to another without hitting adjust servers inbetween and thus a click is not counted. With direct Universal Link clicks are only counted if user does not have the app anymore, then adjust servers are hit and they forward user to the appstore.
For this reason, Remerge prefers to work with the standard tracker url with appended deeplink parameters as it will make sure to hit Adjust servers and count a click before forwarding the user in-app.
What if I implemented the Universal Link solution already on my own?
Remerge is happy to work with your custom universal link solution. Let us know how it works and what the fallbacks are in case a user does not have the app anymore so we can test it. In order to attribute the events correctly with your own link, you can just append the adjust tracker to your own custom url (&adjust_tracker=f0ob4r). This will allow the Adjust SDK to attribute conversions to the correct partner. In addition, Remerge will use the standard tracker URL to notify Adjust about the clicks server side.