Remerge utilizes the Branch tracker click URL to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to the exact product page within the app.
- Notify Branch of a click that should come from Remerge.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android tracker generation with Branch.
- Android App Links - You may also utilize Branch to enable App Links (Android version 6+ only). For a step-by-step implementation, please visit Branch's App Links Deep Linking page. However, as said links are prone to breaking, we do not recommend exploring this route.
- Branch's Ad Links - Can only be created for Enabled Ad Partners. For a step-by-step guide on Ad Partner Enablement, please review the Enable Integration section of our Event Forwarding with Branch Guide.
1. Select your Ad Format
- Log in to your Branch Account, go to CHANNELS & LINKS, located on the upper left-hand corner of the dashboard's menu and click on Ads > Links.
- Click on the Create Ad Link button, located on the upper right-hand corner of the dashboard's menu.
- You should be able to find the following ad format options: App Install or Engagement, Create Display Link, Create Product Link, and Create Search Link. Go to the drop-down menu of the App Only section > select App Install or Engagement.
- Click on the Continue button, located at the bottom of the Create Ad Link section.
2. Define Ad Link Domain & Ad Partner
- At the top of the screen you should find Branch's tracker generation tabs: Define, Configure Options and Validate & Share. Go to the Define tab and select your link domain (applicable to ex-TUNE clients only) by clicking on one of the domain options located under the Which link domain would you like to use? section. You should choose your domain based on the implemented SDK (Branch SDK = Branch Domain, Tune SDK = Tune Domain).
- Branch - Create a link using your Branch domain. Please note: Links created with said domain utilize Branch link parameters by default.
- TUNE - Create a link using your TUNE domain. Please note: Links created with said domain utilize TUNE link parameters/macros by default.
- Go to the Name your link field and type in your link name.
- Click on the Which Ad Partner is this for? drop-down menu and select Remerge.
- Click on the What ad format are you using? drop-down menu and ensure the selected platform is App Only.
- Upon completion, click on the Configure Options button, located on the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Configure Deep Linking & Analytics Data
In the Configure Options tab, provide DEEP LINKING, and REDIRECTS data.
- DEEP LINKING - Include additional link data (key-value pairs) for contextual deep linking, and data forwarding to Remerge, by following the below instructions:
- Click on the + More Data button, located at the bottom of the DEEP LINKING tab.
- Add the parameter name in the Key field, and its corresponding value/ macro in the Value field.
- REDIRECTS - In case your app is not/ no longer installed on a user's device, your Default Redirect option (account level redirects, set in Link Settings), should redirect users to the digital store of the platform/s on which your app is located (iOS - Apple App Store and Android - Google Play). If this is not your Default Redirect option, please go to the REDIRECTS tab and specify the corresponding store, as displayed below.
- Upon completion, click on the Create Link Now button, located on the bottom right-hand corner. Below is an example of the final tracking link:
4. Set up your Attribution Windows
Prior to configuring your attribution windows, ensure to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Remerge is able to configure only one window per an attribution approach. Therefore, please select ONE attribution window per CTA and ONE attribution window per VTA respectively :
- CTA - We recommend Click to Conversion.
- VTA - We recommend Impression to Conversion.
- Make certain the windows you share with Remerge are not overwritten elsewhere in the system.
- The window is selected in accordance with the event that suits your campaign needs best (e.g., click to conversion event fits most campaigns).
- [ ] Only attribute based on install touch is turned off. Neglecting to leave this box unchecked [X] would make it impossible for Remerge to implement retargeting.
- Inactivity window (employed by Branch for cohorts analysis only and not general attribution) is set to 0.
Once the above-mentioned requirements are met you may configure your attribution windows, on three possible levels:
- Account Level - Go to Link Settings > ATTRIBUTION WINDOWS. We recommend setting both the impression to conversion event and the re-engagement inactivity days to 0, as displayed below:
- Ad Network Level - Go to Ads > Partner Management > Ad Partners > Search > Remerge > Attribution Windows, as displayed below:
- Link Level - Append the below parameters to the Click URL of the generated Branch Link, as displayed below. This option is only available for standard Branch links and rarely utilized.
5. Share your Remerge Tracking Link & Attribution Windows with Remerge
Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps, ensure to provide your Remerge Account Manager with the following information, for a final review before going live:
- Screenshot of the Attribution Windows Page.
- Confirmation on whether or not the Inactivity Window should be applied.
- CTA Tracker URL.
- VTA Tracker URL (if applicable).