Remerge utilizes event stream for the purpose of building segments for campaign targeting. The event stream takes place in real time, thus enabling Remerge to update segments in real time as well.
The following guide takes you through the required steps to activate the event stream from AppsFlyer to Remerge. In case of any questions, please contact your Remerge Account Manager.
- Enable Retargeting on App Level.
- Log in to your AppsFlyer account, go to "App Settings" on the upper left corner of the account page and toggle "Attribution" to "On".
A closer look:
- Select Remerge as an Integration Partner Media Source.
- Go to your app's dashboard and on the left bar, under "Configuration", click "Integrated Partners".
- Select Remerge as your Partner and continue to the "Integration" tab.
- Configure Postbacks.
- Go to the "Sending Option" drop down menu and always choose "Events Attributed to any Partner or Organic". Information regarding unattributed events offers Remerge insight into the specific users to be targeted / negative targeted.
- Recommendation: first send Remerge all events and later only events relevant to the campaign.
- To send Remerge all launches, make sure to add the "af_app_opened" event as part of the "In-App Events Postback.
Standard setup example (taken from an E-commerce app) :
Note: Send Remerge Rich In-App Data
- Upon enabling postbacks, Remerge receives all events as well as rich in-app event data set up by you. If you are looking to run Dynamic Product Ads with Remerge in the future, please make sure to provide us with the necessary information required for us to map later with your feed.
- Appsflyer's documentation for rich in-app events can be found here.