Remerge utilizes event stream for the purpose of building segments for campaign targeting. The event stream takes place in real time, thus enabling Remerge to update segments in real time as well.
The following guide takes you through the required steps to activate the event stream from AppsFlyer to Remerge. In case of any questions, please contact your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable Retargeting on App Level
A more close up look:
2. Select Remerge as an Integration Partner Media Source
- Log in to your AppsFlyer account.
- Go to the dashboard of your app and click Integrated Partners on the left bar
3. Toggle the "Activate Partner" button ON
From 01.01.19 and on, each partner integration (advertisers & agencies) requires an initial manual activation. Partner integrations, who ran live campaigns with Remerge between 11.18 - 01.19, are automatically enabled.
4. Configure Postbacks
- Slide toggle to the right for the In-App Events Postback
- Go to the "Sending Option" drop down menu and always choose "Events Attributed to any Partner or Organic". Information regarding unattributed events offers Remerge insight into the specific users to be targeted / negative targeted.
- Recommendation: first send Remerge all events and later only events relevant to the campaign.
- To send Remerge all launches, make sure to add the "af_app_opened" event as part of the In-App Events Postback.
Standard setup example (taken from an E-commerce app) :