Below is our step-by-step guide to activation of event forwarding from AppsFlyer to Remerge. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable In-App Retargeting
- Log in to your AppsFlyer Account and select your app.
- Go to App Settings and toggle ON Enable Re-Targeting Campaign Measurement.
2. Locate & Activate Remerge
- Go to the navigation menu, located on the left side of the AppsFlyer dashboard, scroll down to Configuration and select Integrated Partners:
- A list of integrated partners will appear. Find Remerge by entering it in the search field and click either on the Remerge logo or Edit button to open our configuration window.
- Toggle ON Activate Partner. Please note: Each partner integration (advertisers & agencies) requires an initial manual activation. The Activate Partner toggle MUST remain ON at ALL TIMES:
3. Configure Event Forwarding
AppsFlyer's configuration window consists of five tabs: Integration, Attribution Link, Cost, Ad Revenue, and Permissions. Event forwarding from AppsFlyer to Remerge is achieved by turning on the postbacks and takes place on the Integration tab. The Integration tab is divided into two sections: Default Postbacks and In-App Events Settings. The tab you are located on is always both highlighted and underlined as shown below:
In order to initiate event forwarding (postbacks), please go to the Sending Option drop-down menu on the right and ALWAYS select Events attributed to any partner or organic as displayed below:
In-App Events Settings
- In-App Events Postback - Toggle In-App Events Postback to ON:
- In-App Events Postback Window - Please note: From 30.07.19 going forward, the default in-app events postback window is automatically set to 180 days. In order to maximize our segmentation capabilities, we kindly request that you make sure to ALWAYS select the Lifetime window, as displayed below. Selecting the Lifetime window guarantees that the in-app event postbacks are ALWAYS sent to Remerge.
- Ensure to ALWAYS select Events attributed to any partner or organic as displayed below. Please note: This is an especially important part of the integration, as it enables Remerge to employ retargeting. Neglecting to select Events attributed to any partner or organic hinders our ability to implement real-time segmentation, which we base on events that are not attributed to Remerge.
- Select and send us your in-app event postbacks. As per below example, clicking the Add Manually option opens a drop-down menu of SDK events and enables you to add the relevant in-app event postbacks. Ensure to include the af_app_opened event, as it enables Remerge to employ retargeting. Please note: As different verticals (and thus, campaigns) utilize different in-app events, your campaign success relies heavily on the type, amount and quality of the in-app events you would like us to track. In order to ensure the most optimal setup for your campaign, make sure to decide on the events together with your Remerge Account Manager.
Standard setup example (taken from an E-commerce app) :
Please be advised:
- Dynamic Ad Campaign- In case you are running a dynamic ad campaign with Remerge, you might potentially need to toggle the Send Revenue button in order for the rich event data to be sent to Remerge. In case you are sending any rich event data that is not visible to your Remerge Account Manager, we kindly ask you to toggle the Send Revenue button. AppsFlyer has been notified accordingly. For further information on dynamic ads please visit our Dynamic Ads Guidelines page.
- AppsFlyer's Uninstall Event Implementation:
- In case you have already implemented the uninstall event, you may add it to the list of events sent to Remerge, as displayed below. For further information, please review the Configure Event Forwarding (n.3) step above.
- In case you have yet to implement the uninstall event, please visit AppsFlyer's Uninstall Measurement Introduction page for further instructions.
4. Confirm Setup
- Reach out to your Remerge Account Manager to confirm the arrival of events.