Below is our step-by-step guide to activation of event forwarding from AppsFlyer to Remerge. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable In-App Retargeting
- Log in to your AppsFlyer Account and select your app.
- Toggle ON Enable retargeting attribution.
- Go to Minimum time between re-engagement conversions and select the None option, located at the bottom of the page.
2. Locate & Activate Remerge
- Go to the navigation menu, located on the left-hand corner of the dashboard, scroll down to Configuration, and select Integrated Partners.
- Find Remerge by entering it in the search field and click on its logo to open our configuration window.
- Toggle ON Activate Partner. Please note: Each partner integration (advertisers & agencies) requires an initial manual activation. The Activate Partner toggle MUST remain ON at ALL TIMES.
3. Configure Event Forwarding
AppsFlyer's configuration window consists of five tabs: Integration, Attribution Link, Cost, Ad Revenue, and Permissions. Event forwarding from AppsFlyer to Remerge is achieved by turning on the postbacks and takes place on the Integration tab.
- In order to initiate event forwarding (postbacks), go to the Sending Option drop-down menu on the right and ALWAYS select All media sources, including organic.
In-App Events Postback
- In-App Events Postback - Toggle ON In-App Events Postback.
- In-App Events Postback Window - ALWAYS select the Lifetime window, which guarantees that the in-app event postbacks are ALWAYS sent to Remerge.
- Ensure to ALWAYS select All media sources, including organic.
Please note: Remerge implements retargeting by applying real-time segmentation, which we base on events that are NOT attributed to us. Consequently, you MUST ensure to select All media sources, including organic as this is a PREREQUISITE to running a campaign with Remerge. This also means, by default, that neglecting to select All media sources, including organic will result in your inability to work with Remerge.
- Select and send us your in-app event postbacks by clicking the Add Manually option, which opens a drop-down menu of SDK events and enables you to add the relevant in-app event postbacks. Please note:
- Event names are case sensitive. Therefore, we recommend to simply start by entering the relevant event name, and selecting it from the drop-down menu, which in turn ensures the accuracy of integration. For example, if you have originally configured an event name titled af_purchase, AppsFlyer's setup automatically locates it for you upon typing the letters af_pur.
- Include the af_app_opened event, as it enables Remerge to employ retargeting.
- As different verticals (and thus, campaigns) utilize different in-app events, your campaign success relies heavily on the type, amount, and quality of the in-app events you would like us to track. In order to ensure the most optimal setup for your campaign, make sure to decide on the events together with your Remerge Account Manager.
Standard setup example (taken from an E-commerce app):
Please be advised:
- Dynamic Ad Campaign- In case you are running a dynamic ad campaign with Remerge, ensure to toggle the Send Revenue button in order for the rich event data to be sent to Remerge. For further information on dynamic ads please visit our Dynamic Ads Guidelines page as well as AppsFlyer's Partner Setup In-App Events Settings page.
- AppsFlyer's Uninstall Event Implementation:
- In case you have already implemented the uninstall event, you may add it to the list of events sent to Remerge, as displayed below. For further information, please review the Configure Event Forwarding (n.3) step above.
- In case you have yet to implement the uninstall event, please visit AppsFlyer's Uninstall Measurement Introduction page for further instructions.
4. Confirm Setup
- Reach out to your Remerge Account Manager to confirm the arrival of events.