Remerge utilizes event stream for the purpose of building segments for campaign targeting. The event stream takes place in real time, thus enabling Remerge to update segments in real time as well.
The following guide takes you through the required steps to activate the event stream from AppsFlyer to Remerge. In case of any questions, please contact your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable Retargeting on App Level
- Log in to your AppsFlyer account, go to "App Settings" on the upper left corner of the account page and toggle "Attribution" to "On".
A closer look:
2. Select Remerge as an Integrated Partner
- Go to your app's dashboard and on the left bar, under "Configuration", click "Integrated Partners".
Select Remerge as your Partner and continue to the "Integration" tab.
3. Configure Postbacks
- Slide toggle to the right for the In-App Events Postback
- Go to the "Sending Option" drop down menu and always choose "Events Attributed to any Partner or Organic". Information regarding unattributed events offers Remerge insight into the specific users to be targeted / negative targeted.
- Recommendation: first send Remerge all events and later only events relevant to the campaign.
- To send Remerge all launches, make sure to add the "af_app_opened" event as part of the In-App Events Postback.
Standard setup example (taken from an E-commerce app) :
Note: Sending Remerge Rich In-App Data
- Sending Remerge the rich in-app data is a requirement if you want to run Dynamic Ads with Remerge
- Upon enabling postbacks, Remerge receives all rich data associated with the enabled postbacks.
- Appsflyer's documentation for implementing rich in-app events in the SDK can be found here.