Below is our step-by-step guide to activation of event forwarding from AppsFlyer to Remerge. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable In-App Retargeting
- Log in to your AppsFlyer Account and select your app.
- Go to App Settings and toggle ON "Enable Re-Targeting Campaign Measurement".
2. Locate & Activate Remerge
- Go to the navigation menu, located on the left side of the AppsFlyer dashboard, scroll down to Configuration and select "Integrated Partners" as displayed below:
- A list of integrated partners will appear. Find "Remerge" by entering it in the search field and click either on the Remerge logo or "Edit" button to open our configuration window.
- Toggle ON "Activate Partner". Please note: Each partner integration (advertisers & agencies) requires an initial manual activation. The "Activate Partner" toggle should ALWAYS remain ON, as displayed below:
3. Configure Event Forwarding
AppsFlyer's configuration window consists of five tabs: "Integration", "Tracking Link","Cost", "Ad Revenue", and "Permissions". Event forwarding from AppsFlyer to Remerge is achieved by turning on the postbacks and takes place on the "Integration" tab. The "Integration" tab is divided into two sections: Default Postbacks and In-App Events Settings. The tab you are located on is always both highlighted and underlined as shown below:
- Default Postbacks - In order to initiate event forwarding (postbacks), please go to the Sending Option drop-down menu on the right and ALWAYS select "Events attributed to any partner or organic" as displayed below:
- In-App Events Settings - Toggle "In-App Events Postback" to ON as displayed below:
- Select and send us your in-app event postbacks. As shown in the below example, clicking the "Add Manually" option opens a drop-down menu of SDK events. Here is where you may add the relevant in-app event postbacks. Please ensure to include the af_app_opened event, as it enables us to employ retargeting. Please note: As different verticals (and thus, campaigns) utilize different in-app events, your campaign success relies heavily on the type, amount and quality of the in-app events you would like us to track. In order to ensure the most optimal setup for your campaign, make sure to discuss your options and decide on said events together with your Remerge Account Manager.
Standard setup example (taken from an E-commerce app) :
Please note: Recently, we had an incident, in which a client needed to toggle the "Send Revenue" button in order for the rich event data to be sent to Remerge. In case you are sending any rich event data that is not visible to your Remerge Account Manager, we kindly ask you to toggle the "Send Revenue" button. AppsFlyer has been notified accordingly.