From now on, AppsFlyer also offers the View-Through Attribution (VTA) method to its clients. Below is our step-by-step guide to activation of View-Through Attribution with AppsFlyer. Please note: This guide applies to clients that are already running a Click-Through Attribution (CTA) campaign with AppsFlyer. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable In-App Retargeting
- Log in to your AppsFlyer Account and select your app.
- Click on App Settings and toggle ON Enable Re-Targeting Campaign Measurement, located at the bottom of the page.
2. Locate & Activate Remerge
- Go to the navigation menu, located on the left-hand corner of the dashboard, scroll down to Configuration, and select Integrated Partners.
- Find Remerge by entering it in the search field and click on its logo to open our configuration window, as displayed below:
- Toggle ON Activate Partner. Please note: Each partner integration (advertisers & agencies) requires an initial manual activation. The Activate Partner toggle MUST remain ON at ALL TIMES.
3. Enable View-Through Attribution
- Remain on the Integration tab, scroll down to Re-engagement attribution and toggle ON Re-engagement view-through attribution, as displayed below:
4. Generate your Remerge Impression Attribution Link
- Click on the Attribution Link tab, as displayed below:
- Set up Retargeting - Enable retargeting by toggling ON Retargeting Settings, as shown below. Once retargeting is enabled, AppsFlyer will automatically add the is_retargeting=true tracking parameter to the target URL. Your Remerge link is now a Retargeting Attribution Link.
- Configure the view-through attribution deep link by selecting the Use a standard tracking link option.
- No need to add deep linking information - In View-Through Attribution campaigns, the Deep Link URL box may remain empty (In Click-Through Attribution campaigns, ensure to add deep linking information. For step-by-step instructions, please visit our Android Tracker Generation and iOS Tracker Generation pages).
- Select your View-Through Lookback Window, as displayed below, and reenter your Re-engagement window. Please note: The Re-engagement window you select for the View-Through Attribution method MUST MATCH the previously configured window for the Click-Through Attribution method.
- Review your newly generated impression tracking link URL and ensure it includes the below parameters:
- The following can be viewed as an example of the final version of your Remerge impression tracking link URL:
5. Share your Remerge Attribution Link with Remerge
Copy your newly generated impression tracking link URL from the bottom section of the attribution link generator upon completion of the above-mentioned steps, and provide your Remerge Account Manager with the link.