This documentation is for clients that do segmentation themselves and would like to inform Remerge about the segments. How segments are to be used in campaigns will be agreed with the Remerge Account Managers.
AppId + "_" + Date + "_" + segmentid
Android Example: com.gramgames.tenten_18112018_235
iOS Example: 911793120_18112018_358
- The AppId needs to be the one from the iTunes or Google Play Store
- The Date needs to be in this format: DDMMYYYY
- The SegmentId needs to be a number
- The Files are separate per OS and per App.
- The file can be zipped
- There needs to be a header.
- The rest of rows is one device id per line.
DBC04712-89D2-4447-9855-559E49ACF8D7 would be an example value for iOS IDFA. We expect upper case with dashes.
10059fa8-870f-4da9-8183-1b428e92a25e would be an example for a Google Advertiser Id. We expect lower case with dashes.
- The second column is needed to indicate whether a user shall be added to a segment (true) or removed from a segment (false). This means it is possible for the same user to be part of multiple segments
- This means the first day we expect the file to only contain true.
- The following days we receive the delta of device ids that should be added or deleted from the segment.
- Example how segments can be used:
One partner might have segment 357 (`payers`) and segment 789 (`0-7 days inactive` ) and segment 899 (`7-14 days inactive`) and ask Remerge to set up two campaigns which both target previous payers plus a different inactivity period.
Another partner might already combine different criteria into one segment, e.g. segment 144 (`payers`, `0-7 days inactive` , `US`) and then it is one segment per campaign.
- Please inform the Remerge account manager which segments should be targeted in which campaigns. Remerge will use the data as provided in the files and requested per campaign. Remerge will not add additional logic on top.
Please let us know what time of the day your files will be complete.
Remerge will implement a time to run once a day through your files.
Remerge will generate a file when upload has been completed to report the number of users added or deleted from a segment for a particular app.
Remerge can use your S3 bucket or provide one for you.
Remerge does not keep a history of at what time which user was in which list. The only historical data are the files in the bucket themselves.