Remerge utilizes the AppsFlyer tracker click URL to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to the exact product page within the app.
- Notify AppsFlyer of a click that should come from Remerge.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android tracker generation with AppsFlyer.
1. Enable In-App Retargeting
- Log in to your AppsFlyer Account and select your app.
- Go to App Settings and toggle ON Enable Re-Targeting Campaign Measurement.
2. Locate & Activate Remerge
- Go to the navigation menu, located on the left side of the AppsFlyer dashboard, scroll down to Configuration and select Integrated Partners:
- A list of integrated partners will appear. Find Remerge by entering it in the search field. Click either on the Remerge logo or Edit button to open our configuration window and toggle ON Activate Partner. For a step-by-step guide and further information on the Integration tab please visit our Event Forwarding with AppsFlyer Guide.
- Click on the Attribution Link tab, located on the upper section of your screen. The tab you are located on is always both highlighted and underlined.
3. Generate your Remerge Attribution Link
Click on the Attribution Link tab, which is the second tab of AppsFlyer's configuration window (Integration, Attribution Link, Cost, Ad Revenue, and Permissions). The Attribution Link tab allows you to create attribution links to be employed in your campaign with Remerge. Please note: You are merely utilizing a wizard that is designed to help you with URL creation, windows and other aspects of your campaign setup. This means that AppsFlyer DOES NOT automatically save your generated attribution links. The below screen will be displayed upon clicking on the Attribution Link tab:
- Add Parameters - The click attribution link consists of parameters. Said parameters provide you with insights you may later utilize for the purpose of campaign analysis and marketing strategy. Adding parameters can be done in one of the following methods:
1. Utilize our template - You may simply leave the fields (placeholders) blank, as displayed below. In turn, we will dynamically populate the parameters on your behalf and replace them with their actual values.
2. Alternatively - You may add the parameters manually, as displayed below. Predefined parameters can be replaced with new parameters and/or values.
Please note: Should you choose to add the parameters manually, we kindly ask you to refrain from utilizing the af_sub5 parameter, as Remerge plans on utilizing said parameter for internal debugging purposes.
The following is a standardized list of parameters and values implemented in Appsflyer's User Interface:
- Set up Retargeting - Enable retargeting by toggling the Retargeting Settings button ON, as shown below. Once retargeting is enabled, AppsFlyer will automatically add the is_retargeting=true tracking parameter to the target URL. Your Remerge link is now a retargeting attribution link.
- Configure the deep link by selecting the Use the standard tracking link option:
- Add deep linking information. Ideally, please ensure to enter the raw deep link path to the exact product page in your app. If this is not possible, please make sure to provide us with a raw deep link that just opens your app. Once you enter the deep link data in the Deep Link URL box, the tracking URL will change to the appropriate OneLink URL with the &af_dp= parameter attached to it. As previously mentioned, we do recommend providing us with a path to the exact landing page, as it introduces a superior user experience.
- Select your Re-Engagement Window - Set the post-re-engagement timeframe in which a user's in-app events should be attributed to Remerge (values can range between 1-90 days, up to 23 hours or a lifetime), as shown below. AppsFlyer will populate the &af_reengagement_window=x attribution link parameter with your value of choice.
- Select your Click-Through Lookback Window - Set the maximum time passing from a click to reengagement, as shown below. AppsFlyer will populate the &af_click_lookback=x attribution link parameter with your value of choice. For further information on AppsFlyer's Lookback Windows please visit the Lookback Window Configuration Page.
The final version of your Remerge attribution link should resemble the following structure:
The pid=remerge_int is a Remerge specific identifier, which lets AppsFlyer know the click is coming from Remerge. Before submitting your final attribution link to Remerge, please ensure that the pid=remerge_int parameter is included in the link:
4. Share your Remerge Attribution Link with Remerge
Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps, ensure to send your final Remerge attribution link to your Remerge Account Manager for a final review before going live.
Important: Please ensure to always send us the Long Link in case you have utilized AppsFlyer's custom link creation tool. For further information on Long / Short Links please visit AppsFlyer's Creating Links page.