Remerge utilizes the AppsFlyer click tracking link to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to the exact product page within the app.
- Notify AppsFlyer of a Remerge click.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android tracking link generation with AppsFlyer. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Enable In-App Retargeting
- Log in to your AppsFlyer Account and select your app.
- Click on App Settings and toggle ON Enable Re-Targeting Campaign Measurement, located on the bottom of the page.
2. Locate & Activate Remerge
- Go to the navigation menu, located on the left-hand corner of the dashboard, scroll down to Configuration and select Integrated Partners.
- Find Remerge by entering it in the search field and click on its logo to open our configuration window and toggle ON Activate Partner. For a step-by-step guide and further information on the Integration tab please visit our Event Forwarding with AppsFlyer Guide.
3. Generate your Remerge Attribution Link
AppsFlyer's configuration window consists of five tabs: Integration, Attribution Link, Cost, Ad Revenue, and Permissions. Click on the Attribution Link tab, in order to create attribution links to be employed in your campaign with Remerge. Please note: You are merely utilizing a wizard that is designed to help you with URL creation, windows and other aspects of your campaign setup. This means that AppsFlyer DOES NOT automatically save your generated attribution links. The below screen will be displayed upon clicking on the Attribution Link tab:
- Add Parameters - The click attribution link consists of parameters. Said parameters provide you with insights you may later utilize for the purpose of campaign analysis and marketing strategy. Adding parameters can be done in one of the following methods:
1. Utilize our template - You may simply leave the fields (placeholders) blank, as displayed below. In turn, we will dynamically populate the parameters on your behalf and replace them with their actual values.
2. Alternatively - You may add the parameters manually, as displayed below. Predefined parameters can be replaced with new parameters and/or values.
Please note: Should you choose to add the parameters manually, we kindly ask you to refrain from utilizing the af_sub5 parameter, as Remerge plans on utilizing said parameter for internal debugging purposes.
The following is a standardized list of parameters and values implemented in Appsflyer's User Interface:
- Set up Retargeting - Enable retargeting by toggling ON Retargeting Settings, as displayed below. Once retargeting is enabled, AppsFlyer automatically adds the is_retargeting=true tracking parameter to the target URL. Your Remerge tracking link is now a retargeting attribution link URL.
- Configure the deep link by selecting the Use the standard tracking link option:
- Add deep linking information. Ideally, please ensure to enter the raw deep link path to the exact product page in your app. If this is not possible, please make sure to provide us with a raw deep link that just opens your app. Entering the deep link data in the Deep Link URL box populates the af_dp= parameter in the tracking link found on the bottom of the page. As previously mentioned, we do recommend providing us with a path to the exact landing page, as it introduces a superior user experience.
- Select your Re-Engagement Window - Set the post-re-engagement timeframe in which a user's in-app events should be attributed to Remerge (values can range between 1-90 days, up to 23 hours or a lifetime), as shown below. AppsFlyer populates the &af_reengagement_window=x attribution link parameter with your value of choice.
- Select your Click-Through Lookback Window - Set the maximum time passing from a click to reengagement, as shown below. AppsFlyer populates the &af_click_lookback=x attribution link parameter with your value of choice. For further information on AppsFlyer's Lookback Windows please visit the Lookback Window Configuration Page.
The final version of your Remerge attribution link should resemble the following structure:
The pid=remerge_int is a Remerge specific identifier, which lets AppsFlyer know the click is coming from Remerge. Before submitting your final attribution link to Remerge, please ensure that the pid=remerge_int parameter is included in the link:
4. Share your Remerge Attribution Link with Remerge
Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps, and prior to going live, ensure to provide your Remerge Account Manager with your final Remerge attribution tracking link.
Important: Please ensure to always send us the Long Link in case you have utilized AppsFlyer's custom link creation tool. For further information on Long / Short Links please visit AppsFlyer's Creating Links page.