Naming conventions and attribution models are both subjected to a partner's preference and marketing strategy and can, therefore, vary from partner to partner.
We have decided to share the following clarifications to ensure alignment between the different parties with respect to the exchanged information and expected performance. Below you should find insight into AppsFlyer vs. Remerge specific terminology, followed by answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Click - AppsFlyer counts clicks each time a tracking link hits AppsFlyer's server or an app is opened via a universal link in one of the following ways:
1. Server Hit - A click tracking link hits AppsFlyer's server directly, before redirecting the user to the app. This means the click is registered immediately and thus counted pre-app-open. Three potential server-hit scenarios:
- A standard tracking link, which is located behind your ad and clicked by your user upon them clicking on the ad.
- A user who no longer has the app installed on their phone clicks on a universal link. This can occur when they either choose to delete the app or switch to a new device.
- A wrapped universal link (placed between multiple redirecting click tracking links).
2. App-Open via a Universal Link - In order to count a click via this method, please ensure that you have either implemented the continuteUserActivity or the openURL method to inform AppsFlyer's SDK of an app open via AppsFlyer's universal link. In this case, the click is counted post-app-open.
Re-Engagement - App reopen.
Reattribution - App reinstall.
Conversion - Sum of re-engagements & reattributions.
Dashboard - Attribution, windows, and reporting:
- Attribution - You are most likely to run with multiple ad networks and/or agencies. Additionally, AppsFlyer utilizes the last-click attribution model. Consequently, AppsFlyer attributes re-engagement and further in-app events to the partner whose marketing efforts have triggered your user's last click.
Please note: SRNs (self-reporting networks) are the exception to the rule, as for such networks AppsFlyer does not track individual user activity and distributes attribution according to the above-explained last-click model. Instead, SRNs inform AppsFlyer of the performance data directly.
- Windows - AppsFlyer differentiates between two types of attribution windows:
1. Click Lookback - This window starts immediately post-click and represents the allotted time for a conversion to take place. AppsFlyer counts a conversion if the user reinstalls and reopens the app within this timeframe.
2. Re-Engagement - This window starts immediately post the conversion event and represents the allotted time for any ensuing in-app events to be attributed to the same media source. AppsFlyer attributes all in-app events to Remerge for the complete length of the re-engagement window.
- Reporting - AppsFlyer's dashboard offers two levels of visibility, both of which can be viewed upon clicking either the Re-Targeting or Activity tabs of the dashboard:
1. Re-Targeting Tab - All conversions and other events are displayed based on the date of the re-engagement (first app open) they are associated with. In other words, the selection of a certain timeframe (for instance, three days) grants visibility solely to events attributed to Remerge and associated with the first app open and reinstall from the selected timeframe.
2. Activity Tab - All events are displayed based on the timeframe in which the events took place. However, this tab is unfortunately not available for retargeting purposes. Date-based event information can be found in the raw data export.
Click - Remerge counts one click per an OpenRTB impression ID. In case of an issue with an operating system, SDK implementation or a user clicking the same ad twice, we deduplicate the click and count it only once.
Re-Engagement - First post-click in-app activity (e.g., app open, session, search or view item). Please note: When it comes to in-app activity (event), Remerge DOES NOT differentiate between an app reopen or a preceding reinstall.
Conversion - Conversion event of the campaign, as discussed and agreed upon with your Remerge Account Manager (e.g., purchase, booking or other).
Dashboard - Attribution, windows, and reporting:
- Attribution - You are most likely to run with multiple ad networks and/or agencies. However, Remerge does not have visibility or insight into any other campaigns you could potentially be running with other partners. In fact, our dashboard takes ALL of the clicks that were triggered by Remerge into account, and as such you are able to see the full effect of your Remerge campaign activity.
- Reporting* - All events are displayed based on the timeframe in which the events took place. In other words, selection of a certain timeframe grants visibility to ALL conversions that took place within said timeframe, regardless of the time lapse between the event and the re-engagement they are associated with.
- Windows - Remerge's algorithm replicates AppsFlyer's windows, which ensures the accuracy of performance. We apply all windows on all Remerge clicks to their fullest extent.
Please note: Both our algorithm and dashboard have visibility ONLY and strictly to our re-targeting activity and as such take all Remerge re-targeting activity into account. All post-click Remerge activity is attributed to Remerge by Remerge. As previously mentioned, our attribution windows match AppsFlyer's windows. The only difference between our and AppsFlyer's attribution windows lies in that we apply the windows on all Remerge's clicks as we do not have visibility on any of your other potential partner activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need App Links for the Android tracking link?
No, you do not. Although it is indeed possible to create App Links with AppsFlyer's Onelink solution, the standard Android tracking link (with the raw deep link attached) is more than enough to run a campaign with Remerge. The App Link has certain limitations that do not apply to a standard Android tracking link (and thus cannot be employed on all traffic), which naturally makes it our least preferred deep linking option. For further information on App Links please visit the App Links Developer Training page.
2. What should I do if I have my own universal link?
In case you have your own universal link in place, please provide us with the iOS standard tracking link. For a step-by-step guide on iOS tracking link creation please visit our iOS Tracker Generation Page.
Once you provide us with the tracking link, we add the &redirect=false parameter to the standard tracking link and use it to send AppsFlyer the click information server-side. You will still have visibility to this information in your AppsFlyer dashboard.
Please note: AppsFlyer's SDK is informed of both click and app-open via AppsFlyer's Onelink solution simultaneously, which by default means that attribution starts immediately. However, in case that click and app-open information is sent to AppsFlyer server-side, AppsFlyer has to periodically check if an app-open can be attributed to the last click. Since the information is processed slower than with AppsFlyer's Onelink solution, attribution to Remerge is delayed.
3. Do you also support mobile-web-based attribution?
Remerge is able to receive postbacks on web conversions. Even though at the moment we do not have the capacity to utilize a mobile-web-based solution, we do encourage you to provide us with your mobile web conversions via our Event Tracking API.
* To ensure alignment of data, we advise you to compare both dashboards by selecting a timeframe that encompasses the entire duration of the campaign, from beginning to the current day. Furthermore, both AppsFlyer and Remerge's raw data download reports contain in-depth event data, which in turn also ensures an accurate representation of data.
4. Is it possible to add an inactivity window to a live campaign?
Yes, it is! You should simply toggle ON the Ignore active user for retargeting option and provide Remerge with the selected inactivity timeframe (e.g., &af_inactivity_window=7d). The inactivity period parameter will be appended to your existing Remerge attribution tracking link by the Remerge Ad Operations team.
5. May I view my Remerge campaign-specific cost data on AppsFlyer's dashboard?
Yes, definitely. You may easily access your cost data on AppsFlyer's dashboard by following the below guidelines:
- Contact your Remerge Account Manager:
- Obtain your Remerge Reporting UI credentials.
- Ensure your Remerge Account Manager confirms that you may safely (avoid using personal information) share said credentials with your attribution provider.
- Share your credentials with AppsFlyer.