Remerge utilizes the Adjust tracker click URL to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to the exact product page within the app.
- Notify Adjust of a click that should come from Remerge.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android tracker generation with Adjust.
1. Generate your Remerge Network Tracker
- Log in to your Adjust Account, go to MENU < Apps, located on the upper left corner of the Adjust dashboard, and select your app.
- Click on the bottom dropdown arrow, go to SET UP YOUR APP column on the right and click on Tracker URLs.
- Click on NEW TRACKER at the bottom of the module.
2. Create your Tracking Link
- Name your tracking link, select Remerge as your Network and click on CUSTOMIZE.
- Maintain the DEFAULT structure of the Campaign Structure, as displayed below, and apply changes only upon a specific need.
- Click on Additional Parameters.
- Add your DEEPLINK, while skipping the rest of the fields you may find on this screen and click on APPLY. (You may toggle AD SPEND ON/OFF).
- Click on CREATE and DONE.
3. Retrieve Reattribution & Inactivity Windows
- Your newly created tracker (in our specific example, remerge_123) can be found under Trackers < Manage Network Trackers as displayed below:
- Click on the Wheel symbol next to the tracker URL and click on EDIT.
- Click on Attribution Settings, which should be set to DEFAULT. The DEFAULT setting should be visible on both the final version of your Remerge tracking link (please see "Your tracker is ready" screen), as well as throughout all of the Attribution Settings screens (located on the upper right corner of the page, as displayed below).
- Click on Reattribution for Clicks.
- Toggle ON Enable reattribution and click on APPLY. This ensures that the Inactivity period and Reattribution windows time frames are inherited from the app level.
- Go back to the Attribution Settings screen and click on Reattribution for Impressions.
- Toggle ON Enable reattribution and click on APPLY. This (as in the case of Reattribution for Clicks) ensures that the Inactivity period and Reattribution windows time frames are inherited from the app level.
- Inactivity period for clicks and impressions should be identical. Ensure to register the same value for both, as:
- Remerge needs to know which inactivity window of users can be targeted with your campaign.
- Remerge cannot predict which impression will result in a click.
- Reattribution window for clicks and impressions can have different values. According to industry standards, the attribution window subsequent to an impression is shorter than the one subsequent to a click.
4. Share your Remerge Tracking Link with Remerge
Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps and before going live, ensure to provide your Remerge Account Manager with the following:
- Final Adjust Universal Link, including the path to the conversion point, which you can receive from your developer.
- Standard Network Level Remerge Tracking Link with the raw deep link custom path.
- A screenshot of your Inactivity period & Reattribution windows, either both for Impression and/or Click.