Remerge utilizes the Adjust click tracking link to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to the exact product page within the app.
- Notify Adjust of a Remerge click.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android tracking link generation with Adjust. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Generate your Remerge Network Tracker
- Log in to your Adjust Account, go to MENU > Apps, located on the upper left-hand corner of the Adjust dashboard, and select your app.
- Click on the bottom drop-down arrow, go to the SET UP YOUR APP column on the right and click on Tracker URLs.
- Click on the NEW TRACKER button, located at the bottom of the module.
- NAME your tracking link, select Remerge as your NETWORK, and click on the CUSTOMIZE button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Additional Parameters.
- Leave the below fields empty and click on the APPLY button, located at the bottom of the page. That being said, you may take the following optional steps:
- Add your DEEPLINK in its corresponding field.
- Activate AD SPEND by toggling ON the Tracking Cost Data button.
- Click on the CREATE button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the DONE button, located at the bottom of the page.
2. Retrieve Reattribution & Inactivity Windows
- Your newly created tracking link (in our specific example, remerge_123) can be found under DATA MANAGEMENT > Trackers > Network-Level Trackers, as displayed below:
- Click on the Wheel symbol, located to the right of the tracking link, and the EDIT button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Attribution Settings, which should be set to DEFAULT. The DEFAULT setting should be visible on both the final version of your Remerge tracking link (please refer to Your tracker is ready screen), as well as throughout all of the Attribution Settings screens (located on the upper right-hand corner of the page, as displayed below).
- Ensure Device matching is enabled.
- Click on Reattribution for Clicks.
- Toggle ON Enable reattribution and click on the APPLY button, located at the bottom of the page. This ensures that the Inactivity period and Reattribution window timeframes are inherited from the app level.
- Go back to the Attribution Settings screen and click on Reattribution for Impressions.
- Toggle ON Enable reattribution and click on the APPLY button, located at the bottom of the page. This (as in the case of Reattribution for Clicks) ensures that the Inactivity period and Reattribution window timeframes are inherited from the app level.
- The inactivity period for clicks and impressions should be identical. Ensure to register the same value for both, as:
- Remerge needs to know which inactivity window of users can be targeted with your campaign.
- Remerge cannot predict which impression will result in a click.
- The Reattribution window for clicks and impressions can have different values. According to industry standards, the attribution window subsequent to an impression is shorter than the one subsequent to a click.
3. Share your Remerge Tracking Link with Remerge
Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps and prior to going live, ensure to provide your Remerge Account Manager with the following:
- Standard Remerge Tracker Level Url for Click and Impression, containing the raw deep link custom path.
- A Customized Deep Link (in case relevant).
- A Screenshot of your Inactivity period & Reattribution windows, either for Impression and/or Click.