Remerge utilizes the Adjust click tracking link to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to the exact product page within the app.
- Notify Adjust of a Remerge click.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android tracking link generation with Adjust. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Generate your Remerge Network Tracker
- Log in to your Adjust Account, go to MENU > Apps, located on the upper left-hand corner of the Adjust dashboard, and select your app.
- Click at the bottom drop-down arrow, go to the SET UP YOUR APP column on the right and click on Tracker URLs.
- Click on the NEW TRACKER button, located at the bottom of the module.
2. Generate your Tracking Link
- NAME your tracking link, select Remerge as your NETWORK and click on the CUSTOMIZE button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Campaign Structure and maintain the DEFAULT structure option, as displayed below (Apply changes ONLY upon a specific need):
- Click on Additional Parameters and add your DEEPLINK, while skipping the rest of the fields you may find on this screen (You may toggle AD SPEND ON/OFF by toggling the Tracking Cost Data button).
- Upon completion, click on the APPLY button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the CREATE and DONE buttons, located at the bottom of the page.
3. Retrieve Reattribution & Inactivity Windows
- Your newly created tracking link (In our specific example, remerge_123) can be found under DATA MANAGEMENT > Trackers > Network-Level Trackers, as displayed below:
- Click on the Wheel symbol, located to the right of the tracking link, and the EDIT button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Attribution Settings, which should be set to DEFAULT. The DEFAULT setting should be visible on both the final version of your Remerge tracking link (please refer to Your tracker is ready screen), as well as throughout all of the Attribution Settings screens (located on the upper right-hand corner of the page, as displayed below).
- Click on Reattribution for Clicks.
- Toggle ON Enable reattribution and click on the APPLY button, located at the bottom of the page. This ensures that the Inactivity period and Reattribution window time frames are inherited from the app level.
- Go back to the Attribution Settings screen and click on Reattribution for Impressions.
- Toggle ON Enable reattribution and click on the APPLY button, located at the bottom of the page. This (as in the case of Reattribution for Clicks) ensures that the Inactivity period and Reattribution window time frames are inherited from the app level.
- The inactivity period for clicks and impressions should be identical. Ensure to register the same value for both, as:
- Remerge needs to know which inactivity window of users can be targeted with your campaign.
- Remerge cannot predict which impression will result in a click.
- Reattribution window for clicks and impressions can have different values. According to industry standards, the attribution window subsequent to an impression is shorter than the one subsequent to a click.
4. Share your Remerge Tracking Link with Remerge
Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps and prior to going live, ensure to provide your Remerge Account Manager with the following:
- Standard tracking link for Remerge with the raw deep link custom path
- A screenshot of your Inactivity period & Reattribution windows, either for Impression and/or Click.