Remerge supports the implementation of Flexible Sized Ads (also known as Aspect Ratio Ads). Please provide us with the four ad dimensions specified in our Flexible Sized Ad Dimensions list. In case you require support in the creation of said dimensions, we can create them on your behalf, as mentioned in our In-house Design Solutions section.
What are Flexible Sized Ads?
Flexible Sized Ads (or Flexible Sized Ad Units) are ads, developed from IAB Standards, and based on width: height aspect ratio and size range (rather than fixed pixel creatives). For more information on Flexible Sized Ads please visit the IAB New Ad Portfolio and the IAB New Ad Portfolio Transition Guidance pages.
Aspect Ratio refers to a creative’s width: height ratio. According to the IAB New Ad Portfolio, a Flexible Sized Ad might accommodate different sizes within its defined size range, but it must always maintain its aspect ratio. For instance, a 6:1 (width: height) ad might appear bigger on an iPhone 6 Plus display and smaller on an iPhone 5, but its width and height will always remain in the 6:1 ratio.
Flexible Sized Ads Benefits & Competitive Edge over Fixed Pixel Ads
- Ad content delivery across multiple screen sizes and integration with responsive website design.
- Scalability of the creative design to different screen sizes:
- Ability to scale down using best-fit logic to cover all ad spaces.
- 0% loss in creative quality, messaging and impact of the original content, as no stretching or distortion of the image or visual alteration is taking place.
- Equality in performance.
- The requirement of fewer creative assets (4 instead of up to 15!), which equals:
- Faster campaign go-live.
- Less effort on your end.
- Maximum reach - We maximize your traffic by filling all potential ad slots, available on OpenRTB. By employing the best-fit logic, we are able to display the right-sized ad to the right user and thus cover the entire spectrum of users on the RTB exchange.
Flexible Sized Ad Dimensions
- In order to ensure optimal campaign performance, the file size should not exceed 500 Kb.
- In order to download templates with pre-set ad sizes please see Photoshop / Sketch.
Below examples display our ability to fill 3 Ad Spaces (dimentions: 300x50, 320x280, and 320x50) by utilizing only 2 Creative Assets (aspect ratio: 6:1 and 1:1) :
Remerge is nevertheless also able to accept the following Fixed Pixel assets (in case said assets are already at your disposal) :
320×50px, 320×480px, 480×320px, 250×250px,168×28px, 300×50px, 468×60px, 320×100px, 300×100px, 320×280px, 300×250px, 728×90px, 768×1024px,1024×768px, 300×250
File Support Guidelines
- We support .png, .gif and .jpg files.
- Animation length should be up to 30 seconds or shorter.
- Animations can be looped but should also stop after 30 seconds.
- Animated GIF ads should be slower than 5 FPS.
In-house Design Solutions
In case you are unable to come up with the above-mentioned sizes, please provide us with the source files of your previous campaigns, alongside brand assets. Our creative team utilizes said information and assembles the ads on your behalf. We accept source files in the following formats: Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), and Sketch (.sketch). Prior to sending us the files, please ensure the following:
- All potentially linked objects are embedded - no layers are linked to objects in external files.
- The fonts you have provided us with are either not free or on Typekit / Google Fonts.