Remerge supports the implementation of Flexible-Sized Ads (also known as Aspect Ratio Ads). Please provide us with the ad dimensions specified in Flexible-Sized Ad Dimensions. We encourage you to review the respective information, and in case of further questions/support, reach out to your Remerge Account Manager so that we create said dimensions on your behalf.
What & Why?
Flexible-Sized Ads (or Flexible-Sized Ad Units) are ads developed from IAB New Ad Portfolio and based on width: height aspect ratio and size range (rather than fixed pixel creatives). For more information on Flexible Sized Ads, please visit IAB New Ad Portfolio and IAB New Ad Portfolio Transition Guidance.
Aspect Ratio refers to a creative’s width: height ratio. According to the IAB New Ad Portfolio, a Flexible-Sized Ad might accommodate different sizes within its defined size range, but it must ALWAYS maintain its aspect ratio. E.g., a 6:1 (width: height) ad might appear bigger on an iPhone 6 Plus display and smaller on an iPhone 5, but its width and height will ALWAYS remain in the 6:1 ratio.
Each mobile phone offers a different resolution and pixel density (e.g., newer devices support three times the pixel density compared to traditional models). To ensure ad clarity and legibility on modern mobile phones, we must apply at least a 3x Device Multiplier.
Letterboxing (black bars on either side of an ad) occurs when an ad's asset ratio does not match its destination placement ratio. This phenomenon is standard, and some degree of letterboxing is to be expected (unless it is a responsive HTML ad). However, occasionally, we must prevent drastic letterboxing to ensure efficient utilization of valuable ad space and information legibility.
Benefits & Competitive Edge (Over Fixed Pixel Ads)
- Ad content delivery across multiple screen sizes and integration with responsive website design.
- Scalability of the creative design to different screen sizes:
- Ability to scale down using best-fit logic to cover ALL ad spaces.
- 0% loss of creative quality, messaging, and impact of the original content, due to no stretching/distortion/visual alteration of the image.
- Performance Equality.
- Efficiency - The requirement of fewer creative assets (4 instead of up to 15!), i.e.:
- Faster campaign Go-Live.
- Less effort on your end.
- Maximum Reach - We maximize your traffic by filling ALL potential ad slots available on OpenRTB. By employing the best-fit logic, we display the RIGHT-sized ad to the RIGHT user and address the entire spectrum of users on the RTB exchange.
Flexible-Sized Ad Dimensions
Below examples demonstrate our ability to fill potential Ad Spaces (dimensions: 1920x1080, 1080x1920, 960x150, 1200x627, and 900x750):