mParticle is a Customer Data Platform (CDP), providing Remerge with the relevant user base and event data. Remerge requires confirmation of an app open to measure campaign performance. In certain scenarios (and depending on campaign goals), both app open and conversion events are necessary to assess the effectiveness of a marketing campaign.
Below is our step-by-step guide to activation of audience forwarding from mParticle to Remerge.
Please note: Audience forwarding is possible both whether you have integrated mPartical's SDK in your app or not, in which case, you are utilizing mPartical's data warehouse without their SDK. That being said, if you have in fact integrated mPartical's SDK in your app, please follow the instructions on our Event Forwarding page. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Capture Data & Define Use Cases
- mPartical's Audience Manager enables audiences definition from any user-associated data captured with mParticle, as well as the assessment of segmentation and engagement strategies. In order to achieve both goals, please follow the step-by-step instructions on mParticle's Capture Data and Define Use Case guides.
2. Create Audiences
- Log in to your mParticle Account and click on AUDIENCES, located on the lower left-hand corner of the menu.
- Select your workspace from the Single / Multi Workspace tabs and click on New Audience, located on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
3. Name your Audiences
- Enter your Audience Name and External Name. External Name is an optional field, which is intended to be utilized for potential Audience Sharing.
- Go to Inputs, check the boxes next to the platforms and feeds you would like to utilize for audience definition, click on Create, and define your audience by following the instructions on mPartical's Audience Criteria Specification page.
Setup Audience Output
1. Initiate Setup
- Click on DIRECTORY, located on the lower left-hand corner of the menu, and find Remerge from the search bar located under Connect your data anywhere.
2. Activate Remerge
- Select Remerge as your media partner by clicking on + Add Remerge to Setup, as displayed below:
3. Select Integration Type
- Go to Choose an Integration Type and click on OUTPUT (AUDIENCE) > Send user lists to Remerge from mParticle > Add to Setup, as displayed below:
4. Complete Configuration Settings
- Give your configuration a name by entering it in the Configuration Name box.
- Enter the below-mentioned Remerge authentication protocols in their corresponding boxes, if you have yet to do so:
- Remerge API Key (Provided by your Remerge Account Manager)
- Remerge Customer ID (AppStore ID/Package Name, such as 553834731 and Google Play Store App ID, such as com.king.candycrush)
- Upon completion click on Save and find your final result under the AUDIENCE CONFIGURATIONS tab, as displayed below:
5. Establish Audience Connection
- Go to AUDIENCES, located on the lower left-hand corner of the menu and select the audience which you have created in the earlier stages of the setup. In our specific example, the audience is Test Audience for Remerge.
- Click on the CONNECT tab > + Connect Output, as displayed below:
- Select Remerge and click on Next, located on the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- Go to Configuration Name and select your configuration from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure the Status switch is set to Sending and click on Add Connection. The Next button switches to the Add Connection button upon selecting the configuration.
- From this point on:
- mPartical is streaming audience data to Remerge and any users that fit your audience criteria will become available in the output platform.
- Individual change requests in the form of added/removed users are to be expected, as said requests are based on audience in-app behavior and users' level of engagement.
In case you wish to send Remerge a large number of audiences, you may establish a Bulk Audience Connection and by doing so, send multiple audiences at once, as follows:
- Click on SETUP > Outputs > Audience Configurations.
- Select Connect Audiences located next to the relevant audience configuration.
- Select the audiences and click on Next, as displayed below:
- Choose your settings and click on Connect. Upon completion, a status message showing all successful audience connections should appear.
- Ensure to review mParticle's Documentation for potential updates, as well as further information on Audience Data Format, Audience A/B Testing, Downloading Audiences, and Audience Sharing.
6. Confirm Setup
- Reach out to your Remerge Account Manager to confirm the arrival of audiences.