For your convenience, we have gathered insights on some of the most frequently asked questions with respect to Kochava's integration.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. May I employ SmartLinks with Remerge?
Remerge is currently not utilizing SmartLinks with any of its clients. That being said, please let us know in case you are interested in testing Smartlinks with us so that we can explore this option together.
2. Do Remerge and Kochava apply the same logic in order to count clicks?
No, they do not. Remerge counts ONE click per an OpenRTB impression ID and deduplicates clicks (upon need) to ensure they are count ONLY once. Kochava employs its own methodology.
3. How can I guarantee the accuracy of my campaign cost data?
Great question! In order to retrieve the most accurate campaign cost data (and avoid any potential data discrepancy), we highly recommend that you utilize Kochava's API Summary integration.
4. What is an Event Association Lookback Window?
During the Tracking Link generation process, you will be able to enter events, which will be employed to establish attribution.
The Event Association Lookback Window is an attribution window that opens for a set timeframe after the first event (of the above-selected events) takes place. Events that take place once the window has closed can NO longer be attributed to Remerge.
The following is a step-by-step example of a 10-minute Event Association Lookback Window scenario progression (in our specific example, the event is an app-open):
- You have entered all of your in-app events (from app-open to purchase) into the Event Matching window.
- The prospective user has opened your app (the first event has taken place).
- A 10-minute Event Association Lookback Window is now open > events can be attributed to Remerge.
- It has been over 10 minutes from the moment of the app-open event > Event Association Lookback Window is now closed > Events can NO longer be attributed to Remerge.
- For campaign optimization, we recommend not putting a time limit on your Event Association Lookback Window (instructions and the accompanying screenshot is found below).
You may find the Event Association Lookback Window by going to the dotted drop-down menu to the right of your Remerge tracking link name and clicking on the Overrides button, which takes you to the Tracker Overrides page.
Please note: The Tracker Overrides lookback windows automatically override the Partner Level (default) lookback windows. However, and as previously mentioned, for the purpose of campaign optimization, we recommend employing the Unlimited (default) option.
5. Does Kochava employ View-Through-Attribution (VTA) for retargeting campaigns?
No, they do not. Kochava employs the View-Through-Attribution (VTA) method for User Acquisition (UA) campaigns ONLY.