The following page provides further insight into the Recurring List Import method, the corresponding key Terminology, and answers the most Frequently Asked Questions. In case of any additional questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
User List - A list of users provided by the client and compiled into a CSV file.
Segment - A user-specific attribute (based on behavioral patterns, such as first-time purchasers or excluded users) assigned to users by the user list importer. The segmentation data is updated daily, as per the uploaded CSV file.
User List Import Strategy - The technical strategy for segment updates based on the file exchange method.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. May I utilize a Mobile Measurement Partner's platform to provide Remerge with my recurring import lists?
- A Mobile Measurement Partner (MMP) is also called an Attribution Provider (AP).
- An Audience for Adjust/AppsFlyer = A Segment for Remerge.
2. May I store my recurring import lists in an external Amazon S3 Bucket?
Yes, definitely. You may store your recurring user lists in an Amazon S3 Bucket of your preference. Please ensure to provide Remerge with the necessary login credentials.
3. May I store my recurring import lists in one of Remerge's Amazon S3 Buckets?
Yes, we are happy to support you with this option. You may store your recurring user lists in our Amazon S3 Bucket.
- For organizational purposes and general ease of use, ensure to upload your folders under a top-level folder titled: List Import (please review the structure part of this guide).
- Ensure to obtain the necessary login credentials from your Remerge Account Manager.
4. May I provide Remerge with a single-user list for Android and iOS applications?
No, you may not, as Remerge does not support this option. Instead, ensure to generate a unique importing user list per application/audience (i.e., a unique file for iOS users and a unique file for Android users). For step-by-step instructions, visit our Method & Instructions page.
5. May I provide Remerge with a single user list containing all segments?
No, you may not, as Remerge does not support this option. Please ensure to separate your segments into different files before sending them to Remerge.
6. What information should be part of a user list?
Please ensure that your user list contains a list of relevant device IDs ONLY.
7. May I include an Identifier for Vendors (IDFV)?
No, you may not, as Remerge does not support this option. At this point, Remerge can ONLY ingest lists that contain an Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA).
8. Is it possible to exclude a specific user list?
Yes, definitely! You may easily exclude a user list by appending the words exclusion or holdout to the corresponding filename, as per the below filename examples:
9. May I split my update into multiple file uploads?
No, you may not, as Remerge does not support this option. Our system processes a single file per update and checks for a new file every four hours. Splitting your update into multiple files will result in having some files NOT processed, as our system will automatically process your last upload ONLY. Therefore, ensure to include ALL relevant segments in a single file upload.
10. How often do you initiate the automation process?
Remerge initiates a new automation process once a day. Then, the files are processed every four hours.