Below is our step-by-step guide to activation of event forwarding from Branch to Remerge. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
Please note: Tune has recently migrated to Branch and as part of this migration, you may now utilize the Branch portal to forward us real-time events from both Branch and Tune SDKs. In case you have implemented both SDKs in your app, the SDKs will be configured as two separate apps in the Branch dashboard.
1. Enable Integration
- Log in to your Branch Account, go to CHANNELS & LINKS, located on the upper left corner of the dashboard's menu, and click on Ads > Partner Management.
- A list of integrated partners will appear. Go to the Ad Partners window, and select Remerge by entering it in the search field.
- Click on the Remerge logo to open our configuration window.
2. Configure Event Forwarding
- Branch's configuration window consists of four tabs: ACCOUNT SETTINGS, POSTBACK CONFIG, LINK PARAMETERS, and ATTRIBUTION WINDOWS. Event forwarding from Branch to Remerge is achieved by turning on the postbacks, which takes place on the POSTBACK CONFIG tab.
- Select and send us your in-app event postbacks by ticking the ENABLE and ALL EVENTS boxes located to the left of each of the event postbacks. Please note: Install and open events are automatically tracked via Branch's SDK. However, Custom Events (such as registration or purchase) are tracked ONLY once you integrate them into your app.
- To add app-specific postbacks for custom events, click on the Add New Postback button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Select an event, enter a Postback URL, and click on the Save button, located at the bottom of the page. This will be the event that triggers your new postback.
3. Edit Postbacks
- Utilize the Edit functionality in the following cases:
- You suspect that some of your events are NOT being forwarded to Remerge.
- You would like to add an event that takes place OUTSIDE of your app. In that case, you should simply append the non_app_event=true parameter to the corresponding event postback.
- To edit your postbacks, follow Branch's postback templating instructions, the below instructions, and click on SAVE:
- Remain on the POSTBACK CONFIG tab. Go to ACTIONS, located to the right of the POSTBACK URL.
- Click on the three-doted box and select the Advanced Edit option. Upon completion, click on the Done button, located at the bottom of the page.
- The standard Remerge postback template (https://remerge.events/event) can be utilized by clients who have integrated the Branch SDK.
- Postback templates for clients who have been migrated from Tune to Branch should start with https://remerge.events/tune.
- Clients who have integrated the Tune SDK may also switch to the Branch postback template. However:
- Template Switch - Switching the postback template results in alterations to the event names, forwarded to Remerge. This means that Remerge starts receiving new event names, that do not match the original names. To mitigate this alteration, Remerge needs to map the original event names and match them with the new names. In order to achieve that, clients might be required to provide Remerge with their Historical Data.
- Tune SDK Event Attributes - It is NOT possible to send Tune SDK event attributes via the Branch postback template. Therefore, make sure to keep the Tune postback template (https://remerge.events/tune) in case you are providing Remerge with event attributes (e.g., Product ID is an attribute you attach to the add_to_cart or purchase_event), arriving from the Tune SDK.
- New postback template creation can be achieved by clicking the Reset button. For a step-by-step on the reset process, please refer to question n.2 of our Terminology & FAQ page, titled: "How do I update my postback template?".
4. Confirm Setup
- Reach out to your Remerge Account Manager to confirm the arrival of events.