Naming conventions and attribution models are subject to a partner's preference and marketing strategy and can thus vary from partner to partner.
We have decided to share the following clarifications to ensure alignment between the different parties concerning the exchanged information and expected performance. Below you should find insight into Branch vs. Remerge-specific terminology, followed by answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Branch counts a click each time a tracking link hits its server. In the case of a double click (either due to an issue with an operating system, SDK implementation, version bug, or a user clicking the same ad twice), all server hits will appear on the All Clicks section of the Branch dashboard.
- Branch also offers the option of viewing clusters of unique clicks grouped by Branch Personas, achievable by clicking the Unique box on Branch's dashboard. However, clients may always go back to view all of the incoming clicks by simply unchecking the Unique box.
Attribution - Branch distinguishes between post-click/impression activity which should be attributed to Remerge vs post-click/impression activity which should be attributed to other partners.
Inactivity Window - The inactivity window is employed by Branch for cohorts analysis only (and not general attribution), defining the number of consecutive days a user must be inactive (lapsed) to be eligible for a retargeting campaign. For maximum impact of your retargeting campaign, set the inactivity window to 0.
Click - Remerge counts one click per an OpenRTB impression ID. In case of an issue with an operating system, SDK implementation, or a user clicking the same ad twice, we deduplicate the click and count it only once.
- Remerge does not differentiate between a session and an install, and as such, both can count as a re-engagement.
- You are likely to run with multiple ad networks or agencies. However, Remerge does not have visibility or insight into any other campaigns you might be running with other partners. The Remerge dashboard considers ALL clicks (and impressions) triggered by Remerge. All post-click/impression activity within the attribution windows and inactivity period and communicated to Remerge will be counted. Accordingly, you may see the full effect of your Remerge campaign activity. Ensure to keep Remerge updated on any changes in your windows.
Inactivity Window & Reporting- Remerge does not have two separate reportings (one that considers the inactivity window and one that disregards it). Therefore, please investigate internally to establish the reporting type you would like to simulate and inform us whether we should consider/ignore the inactivity window.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have noticed that the campaign name found on the Branch dashboard does not match the campaign name found on Remerge's Reports. What could be the reason behind this discrepancy?
Great question! The Branch dashboard accurately reflects the campaign name set during the tracking link creation process. We recommend sharing your campaign name with Remerge.
2. Is it possible for Branch clients to run Dynamic Ads campaigns with Remerge?
Yes, it is. Branch can send us event attribute data in a JSON format. However, please ensure to provide Branch with the relevant ID that matches the ID in your feed. For a step-by-step manual on Dynamic Ads (and examples per vertical), please visit our Guide to Dynamic Ads section of the Remerge support site or contact your Remerge Account Manager for further support.
3. How do I update my postback template?
You can easily reset your postback templates by navigating to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS tab and clicking on the Reset All Settings button, as displayed below.
Please note: The Reset button disables Remerge as your ad partner (clears out the previously set-up postbacks and returns Remerge to its basic configuration). Therefore, implement the resetting process in the following order:
- Take note of the events you are currently forwarding to Remerge.
- Go to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS tab and click on the Reset All Settings button at the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the Yes, Reset Ad Partner button, thus confirming the reset.
- Once you have completed the reset process, you may re-enable the events and any other data you would like to forward to Remerge.
- Alternatively, you may reach out to your dedicated Branch Account Manager for support with the resetting process.