Naming conventions and attribution models are both subjected to a partner's preference and marketing strategy and can thus vary from partner to partner.
We have decided to share the following clarifications to ensure alignment between the different parties with respect to the exchanged information and expected performance. Below you should find insight into Branch vs. Remerge specific terminology, followed by answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Branch displays a click each time a tracking link hits their server. This means that in case of an issue with an operating system, SDK implementation or a user clicking the same ad twice, ALL incoming clicks (resulting from any of said scenarios) will be displayed in the All Clicks section.
- Branch also offers the option of viewing clusters of unique clicks grouped by Branch Personas, which can be achieved by clicking the Unique box on Branch's dashboard. Clients, however, may always go back to view all of the incoming clicks by simply unchecking the Unique box.
Attribution - Branch distinguishes between post-click/impression activity which should be attributed to Remerge vs post-click/impression activity which should be attributed to other partners.
Inactivity Window - The inactivity window is employed by Branch for cohorts analysis only (and not general attribution), and defines the number of consecutive days a user must be inactive (lapsed) in order to be eligible for a retargeting campaign. In order to maximize the impact of your retargeting campaign, ensure to set the inactivity window to 0. For further information on attribution windows please visit our iOS Tracker Generation page.
Click - Remerge counts one click per an OpenRTB impression ID. In case of an issue with an operating system, SDK implementation or a user clicking the same ad twice, we deduplicate the click and count it only once.
- Remerge does not differentiate between a session and an install, and as such, both can count as a reengagement.
- You are most likely to run with multiple ad networks and/or agencies. However, Remerge does not have visibility or insight into any other campaigns you could potentially be running with other partners. In fact, our dashboard takes ALL of the clicks (and impressions) that were triggered by Remerge into account. All post-click/impression activity that falls within the attribution windows and inactivity period and communicated to us, will be counted. This enables you to see the full effect of your Remerge campaign activity. Ensure to keep Remerge updated on any changes in your windows.
Inactivity Window & Reporting- Remerge does not have two separate reportings (one that considers the inactivity window and one that disregards it). Therefore, we kindly ask that you investigate internally in order to establish the type of reporting you would like to simulate and inform us whether we should be considering or disregarding the inactivity window.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible for Branch clients to run Dynamic Ads campaigns with Remerge?
Yes, it is. Branch is able to send us event attribute data in a JSON format. However, please ensure to provide Branch with the relevant ID which matches the ID in your feed. For a step-by-step manual on Dynamic Ads (and examples per vertical), please visit our Guide to Dynamic Ads section of the Remerge support site and/or contact your Remerge Account Manager for further support.
2. How do I update my postback template?
You can easily reset your postbacks templates and credentials by navigating to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS tab and clicking on the Reset All Settings button, as displayed below.
Please note: The Reset button disables Remerge as your ad partner (clears out the previously set up credentials and postbacks and returns Remerge to its basic configuration). Therefore, the resetting process should be implemented in the following order:
- Take note of the events you are currently forwarding to Remerge.
- Go to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS tab and click on the Reset All Settings button, located on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click either on the Yes, Reset Ad Partner (or Cancel if no longer relevant) button which confirms the reset.
- Once you have completed the reset process, you may update the configuration settings as you see fit, by re-enabling the events and any other data you would like to forward to Remerge.
- Alternatively, you may reach out to your dedicated Branch Account Manager for support with the resetting process.