The following guide takes you through the process of historical data transfer from your Branch integration to Remerge. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
Historical data transfer can be achieved by utilizing Branch's Daily Exports, Custom Exports (for ex-Tune clients) or our Alternative Solution. Regardless of your preferred method, ensure to provide Remerge with the following:
- 1 CSV file per OS:
- Format example: android_purchasers.csv.
- Device IDs:
- IDFA for iOS.
- Google Ad ID for Android.
- Event Timestamps:
- App Opens and Purchase Events usually suffice. That being said, we encourage you to discuss the topic of events with your Account Manager to ensure the selected events suit your business needs best.
1. Daily Exports
1.1 CSV Exports
As previously mentioned, you may initiate a request to pull a report from the dashboard, in CSV form. Please follow the below instructions, as displayed in the accompanying screenshot.
- Log in to your Branch Account, go to the left-hand navigation of the dashboard and click on Setup & Testing > Data Import & Export > Exports.
- Go to the Daily Exports page and select your timeframe (last 1/3/7 days or Custom).
- Select event type in one of the following options:
- Download arrow (specific events)
- Export All button (En masse).
- Await a confirmation email verifying the details of your request.
- Once your export is processed, await another email containing the requested CSV export attachment.
- Please note:
- Larger exports require longer processing time.
- Branch recommends exporting raw data within 7 days.
1.2 Data Export API
In case you have access to Branch's Data Feeds offering, you may utilize Branch's Data Export API.
The Data Export API is included in Branch's Data Feeds offering. The Data Feeds offering is a premium solution (can be purchased according to Branch’s pricing schedule) that is available at no additional fee to clients on Launch and Startup plans for Journeys, Universal Email, or Universal Ads. For further information on the Data Feeds offering, please visit Branch's Exports Data Feeds Overview page.
- You are subscribed to Data Feeds.
- Data Export API is toggled ON (located on the Data Feeds Manager page).
- You have access to the App ID and a Branch Public Key.
- In order to find your keys, log in to your Branch dashboard and click on Account Settings > Profile, as displayed below. For further information on the Data Export API please visit Branch's Daily Exports - API page.
2. Custom Exports (ex-TUNE)
Branch's Custom Exports is an exclusive-to-ex-TUNE client feature that replicates TUNE's endpoints. This feature can be utilized either via the Custom Exports section in the Branch dashboard or API. For step-by-step instructions please visit Branch's Custom Exports page.
General Custom Export Information:
- Limited to a maximum of 2 million records each.
- Can query up to 120 days prior to the date of export. In case of a need for a higher number of records ensure to initiate multiple requests with smaller time intervals.
- Potential Export Topics:
- Events (+items)
- App Installs
- App Opens
- In case you are unable to provide us with the historical data using the aforementioned methods, you may ask your Business Intelligence team to create a historical data list on your behalf. For further information on historical data creation as well as file examples, please visit our One Time List Upload page.