Remerge utilizes the Singular click tracking link to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure the most optimal user experience by deep linking the user directly to a specific in-app location.
- Notify Singular of a Remerge click.
The following guide takes you through the process of Android and iOS tracking link generation with Singular. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
1. Build your Remerge Tracking Link
- Log in to your Singular Account, and go to ATTRIBUTION > Manage Links, located on the upper left-hand corner of the dashboard's navigation menu.
- Select your app by typing its name in the search bar, located at the top left-hand corner of the page.
- You should find yourself on the Manage Link Domains page, which contains all of your previously created tracking links. Click on the Create Link button, located at the right-hand corner of the page.
- You should find yourself on the Create Link page. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Repeat each of the below demonstrated steps per platform. In other words, enter only ONE platform-specific (Android OR iOS) information at a time.
- Ensure to meet the following deep linking criteria:
- Enter your Deep Link.
- Enter a Deferred Deep Link that is identical to your Deep Link.
- Enter a Fallback option - Google Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS).
- Attribution Settings:
- Toggle ON the Enable re-engagement tracking option.
- Attribution Windows - We recommend not altering this setting but keeping the inherited option instead.
2. Generate your Remerge Tracking Link
- Click on the Generate button located at the bottom of the page.
- You should find your newly created tracking link under Manage Link Domains > App > Partner Links.
- Clicking on your tracking link should bring you to the Edit Link page, where you may edit your link to fit your needs best. Upon completion, click on the Update button located at the bottom of the page.
- Copy your tracking link by clicking on the Copy button (as you need to provide the tracking links to Remerge).
3. Test your Remerge Tracking Link
- Set your re-engagement inactivity window to ZERO to ensure a successful tracking link test by going to Settings > Apps, as displayed below.
Please note: Said step is essential to the success of the test. However, once the testing process is complete, you may set the inactivity window to your preferred time frame.
- Send yourself the created tracking link (e.g., via an email/slack) and click on the said link from your mobile phone. Clicking on the link should directly lead to an app open. If this is not the case, please review and repeat the above steps.
4. Share your Tracking Link with Remerge
Upon completion of the above steps and before going live, ensure to provide your Remerge Account Manager with the following:
- Click tracking link and impression tracking link (upon availability). Please note: Singular enables you to track impressions with Remerge. However, it does not offer the View-Through-Attribution method for retargeting.
- Screenshot of your attribution windows (tracking link level), as per the below example: