The following document provides insight into the Remerge Attribution Windows accompanied by an attribution event naming convention table. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
Mobile Attribution - The match of a marketing campaign's data points (e.g., click & app-open) to accurately determine (and thus, credit) the source of the advertisement behind said campaign's success.
The Last Click/Impression model, which is one of the many attribution models within the mobile advertising space, is offered by Remerge.
Last-Click/Impression (Last-Touch) attribution is a rule-based model that considers the user's last action (touchpoint) within a conversion path of a particular advertising campaign to establish attribution (conversion) to the appropriate marketing channel.
The model applies to both the Deterministic and Probabilistic attribution methodologies. However, Remerge opts for the Deterministic, Device-ID-based approach. In the presence of both a view and a click performed by said user, Remerge will ALWAYS prioritize the click.
It is worth mentioning that the conversion event is not a particular event deemed as an industry standard but rather an in-app event selected by the advertiser as their campaign's success marker and can thus be: an app-open, purchase, or other. Said event is discussed and agreed upon with the advertiser's dedicated Remerge Account Manager as part of the campaign setup.
The Attribution Window plays an essential role in any advertising campaign. The window is a specific timeframe set between an advertiser and a media partner, defining when said partner can claim a generated view/click (to occur due to their advertising efforts) and thus obtain credit for the subsequent re-engagement events. Below are the most commonly used models:
View-Through Attribution (VTA) - The attribution of an in-app (e.g., purchase) event to a preceding ad view (Impression) and media partner promoting the ad in question. The event can be credited to a partner ONLY if it occurs within the predefined (usually a 24-hour) timeframe.
Click-Through Attribution (CTA) - The attribution of an in-app (e.g., purchase) event to a preceding ad click and media partner promoting the ad in question. The event can be credited to a partner ONLY if it occurs within the predefined (usually 30-day) timeframe.
Remerge Attribution Windows
Remerge offers various combinations of the above windows, with configurations ranging from Classic to Alternative VTA and CTA scenarios:
- Classic Attribution Scenario - An Attribution Window comprised of the below TWO windows:
- A View To Re-Engagement or Click To Re-Engagement window, defining the timeframe of a Re-Engagement event (e.g., a view/click and its ensuing app-open event), followed by;
- A Re-Engagement To Event window.
- Alternative Attribution Scenario - A View To Event or Click To Event window, defining the attribution timeframe of in-app events to Remerge.
Remerge evaluates attribution based on said combinations while striving to replicate your respective Mobile Measurement Partner's Attribution Windows as closely as possible. To achieve this goal, ensure to ALWAYS provide your Remerge Account Manager with the following:
- Screenshots of your Mobile Measurement Partner's Attribution Windows (VTA and CTA).
- Update on changes to your internal strategy that impact your campaign with Remerge (e.g., settings, KPI evaluation, events, or naming conventions). Please make a point to communicate any changes to your Windows, as these will affect the reattributions and, consequently, your campaign's performance.
- Find your campaign-specific attribution data by logging in to our Reports client reporting tool. For more information on said offering and visibility of data, please visit our Reports Client Reporting Dashboard and Performance Glossary.
- For a step-by-step depiction of the attribution process, visit our Classic and Alternative scenarios documents.
Attribution Event Naming Conventions
Re-Engagement - The first post-view/click attribution event.
|Media Partner Name||Event Name||Event Type|
|IGAWorks: Adbrix||Re-Engagement||Re-Install/Deep Link-Open|
Conversion - Most valuable in-app event that occurred within the scope of the attribution window and attributed to Remerge.
|Media Partner Name||Event Name||Event Type|
|N/A (Industry Standard)||Conversion||Most Valuable In-App Event|
|AppsFlyer||Conversion (Retargeting Campaigns)||Re-Engagement + Reattribution|