The following document provides insight into the process of Retargeting as it pertains to Remerge. In case of any questions, please reach out to your Remerge Account Manager.
Please note: The below-depicted process applies to Android/iOS devices with TRACKABLE IDs ONLY (SKAdNetwork-based attribution is NOT suitable for retargeting campaigns, as attribution data is reported without a device ID).
1. Mobile Measurement Partner Integration
- Adjust Android/iOS
- IGAWorks: Adbrix Original
- IGAWorks: Adbrix Remaster
2. In-App Event Forwarding
- Adjust Event Forwarding
- AppsFlyer Event Forwarding
- Branch Event Forwarding
- IGAWorks: Adbrix Original Event Forwarding
- IGAWorks: Adbrix Remaster Event Forwarding
- Kochava Event Forwarding
- mParticle Event Forwarding
- Singular Event Forwarding
3. User Profile Formation
Remerge utilizes the most recent events (e.g., the last purchase event) from the incoming data stream to build unique App user profiles.
4. Rule-Based Segmentation
We apply an advanced REAL-TIME RULE-BASED technology to assign said profiles to particular segments (e.g., users who have completed a purchase in the last two weeks), thus promoting precise targeting/retargeting.
5. Campaign Creation
Our experts construct the optimal campaign per user segment (e.g., a campaign targeting previous purchasers). Said campaign meets the strategic goals previously discussed and agreed upon with your Remerge Account Manager.
6. User Identification
We aim to locate the segmented user device IDs (e.g., previous purchasers) within the mobile App space.
Remerge collaborates with a wide range of Publishers who have integrated the Software Development Kit (SDK) of their preferred Supply-Side Platforms (SSP). Each (Publisher) App-open activates the integrated SDK of said SSP, which detects the user in question. To that end, the SSP is now also aware of an available Ad Space.
7. Real-Time Bidding
The SSP (representing the Publisher) and DSP (representing the Advertiser) participate in an auction over an Ad Space that occurs within milliseconds. The parties interact via the OpenReal-Time-Bidding (OpenRTB) protocol, summarized in the below steps.
8. Bid Request
9. Bid Request Assessment
- The Bid Request contains a TRACKABLE device ID.
- The device ID is part of a segment of an ACTIVE Remerge campaign.
- A sufficient campaign BUDGET is available.
- An Ad is in a particular SIZE.
10. Bid Response
Upon meeting the above specification, the DSP (Remerge) notifies the SSP of its interest in the Ad Space by responding with the optimal Ad and its respective tracking link URLs (e.g., click URL for the user and other OpenRTB tracking URLs).
11. Bid Fulfillment
12. Ad Display
13. User Click
14. User Deep Linking
15. Engagement Tracking & Value Assessment
The Ad click also activates the following course of events:
- Transfer of the click-specific information to the Advertiser via the Mobile Measurement Partner's tracking URL link.
- Remerge counts the FIRST post-click in-App event as a Re-Engagement.
- Remerge monitors any subsequent actions on behalf of the App user.
- Remerge monitors the in-App SPEND of the user, following their exposure to the Remerge Ad.
- The monitoring process takes place for the duration of the previously agreed-upon attribution windows.
Please note: Participation in the above process is pending the completion of the action points mentioned in our Go-Live Fundamentals documentation.